[clue-tech] DSL ISP recommendations

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Thu Jun 30 22:31:35 MDT 2005

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:09:56 -0600
Jeff Cann wrote:

> Qwest Choice Internet Basic - $10 / month
> DSL Line 1.5 Mbps down / 896 Mbps up - $27 / month
> 	Other options for my area:
> 		256 up / 256 down ($19) and 3.0 Mbps down / 1.5 up ($40)
> Static IP - $5.95 / month
>
> Plus the following one-time costs:
>
> Static IP setup - $25
> Modem - $60 [which you can pay over three months]
> Activation - $0 [normally $50]
> Installation - $50 [normally $100]

That seems pretty cheap to me. $37/mo if you use a DHCP address? That's
even tempting for me.

I will say one thing about going with FRII, although it sounds as if this
might not be something you'd use, but if you have an ISP account with
them, you get their MailArmory spam filtering thrown in. In fact, it's
probably the #2 reason I'm still with them. The #1 reason is the
combination of economics and intertia. #3 is dealing with a change in
e-mail address, which really isn't that big of a deal.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E