[clue-tech] DSL ISP recommendations

Jeff Cann j.cann at comcast.net
Thu Jun 30 22:09:56 MDT 2005

On Thursday 30 June 2005 2:56 pm, Nate Duehr wrote:
> Would you mind sharing what Qwest's pricing looks like on this service
> nowadays, and more importantly, how it breaks down on the bill?

Nate,

Here's what Qwest quoted me today.  I'm not using their 'bundled' services
with MSN.  I also shopped around to other ISPs and the prices are all
similar.

Qwest Choice Internet Basic - $10 / month
DSL Line 1.5 Mbps down / 896 Mbps up - $27 / month
	Other options for my area:
		256 up / 256 down ($19) and 3.0 Mbps down / 1.5 up ($40)
Static IP - $5.95 / month

Plus the following one-time costs:

Static IP setup - $25
Modem - $60 [which you can pay over three months]
Activation - $0 [normally $50]
Installation - $50 [normally $100]

They also have the Qwest Choice Internet Prime, which gives you web site and
other stuff that I don't need since I'm hosting my own server and email.

Here's the details on these two packages.

 + http://www.qwest.net/nav4/solutions/at_a_glance/ataglance.html

BTW - The option of the Internet Basic package tipped the scales for me to use
Qwest as the other ISPs are offering things that I won't use.

HTH -
Jeff