[clue-tech] Noisy computers

Chris Schock black at clapthreetimes.com
Sat Mar 5 12:24:23 MST 2005

> /I ha/ve an older computer (P2) that is pretty loud when it's on.  Does
> anyone know of anything I can do to make it quieter?  I guess it's the
> fan on the CPU that's making all the noise, but it's driving me crazy.
>
> Angelo

There are tons of manufacturers selling replacement fans that are quieter.
They cover P/S, CPU, chipsets, case fans... all kinds. Zalman
http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/usa_index.asp is one of them. You can
probably find some quieter parts at CompUSA or BestBuy, if you don't like
waiting for stuff to ship.

The variable speed ones are great and can really cut down on noise.