[clue-tech] BNC port

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Thu Mar 10 00:34:07 MST 2005

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 23:08:57 -0500
Angelo Bertolli wrote:

> Someone gave me a computer that has an odd card in  it with a BNC port
> for a coaxial cable.  What exactly is this ?  Can I connect it to cable
> internet without a cable modem?

Heh. That's for old coax ethernet. No, you can't just plug it into your TV
cable, because it isn't really, AFAIK, ethernet. The router from the cable
company converts ethernet on the "house" side to whatever the signal is
that the cable company uses on their coax to your home.

Err, unless it's an old video capture card. You maybe oughta open up the
case and look what the card says it is.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E