[clue-tech] list netiquette -- OT

skipworthy skipworthy at realivetech.com
Fri Mar 11 15:32:24 MST 2005

William wrote:

>Because we all deal with this from time to time, and I feel frustrated every time it happens, I
>want to voice my opinion.

<snip>

1- Not to burden the point, but shouldn't this whole conversation be
taking place on the 'talk' list? if we're airing peeves, that's one of
mine.
2- Bill, dude, chill out, okay? you're the only one ranting and raving
here- I appreciate that what you describe happens other places, but in
all the time I've been on this list, I have *never* seen anyone be
bullied, raved at or abused, certainly not on the point of netiquette.
In this last case, Collins pointed out that most people *strongly*
prefer context and inline posting. the most recent time before that I
can recall it was Jed, who was straightforward and emphatic , but not
abusive. And anyway , getting along is for *everyone* to work at
3- IIRC, a set of suggestions as you describe them was sent to me when I
joined the list- if not, maybe someone should write one up and have it
added to the 'welcome' email as well as having an official place to
point newbies to. I'd be happy to work on that with you or whoever else
is interested.

Peace, Love, and Joy