[clue-tech] Cheap Dell server box

Richard Knechtel rknechte at starband.net
Sat Mar 12 08:13:04 MST 2005

EWW! As soon as I saw the word SATA, that was enough for me. I wouldn't go
-NEAR- SATA! Especially one used by Dell!

Why? Lets see, one guy I work with has gone through 3 of them - burned up.
He even had to have is case open with an osolating fan blowing into the
case. Yes this was on a Dell PC even.  We just had another guy on Thursday
had his SATA drive fail/die/crash this was in a Dell PC that was less than
6 months old. In a development environment you can' afford to
be  rebuilding your system constantly because of drive failures.

 From my experience with SATA - it BLOWS!

I'll take EIDE or SCSI any day. Take the old tried and true!