[clue-tech] Toshiba laptop Memory

Peter C. Hinkle drumvudu at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 18 08:16:48 MST 2005

Hey guys, I'm not to up on all of the hardware for laptops like I am on the
desktop/server end and I was wondering if someone might be able to answer a
question regarding memory. I have an old Toshiba 730XCDT PENTIUM II machine
with 48MB of memory. The thing with hold up to 144MB of total memory (16MB on
board and 128MB removable). Anyway, what I want to know is that if I go ahead
and take it up to 144MB, how much actual difference will I notice in
performance of the machine? I'm not sure whatsoever if you can upgrade the
processor in a machine like this also. Does anyone know the answer to that
and if so, how high can you go? I'm having quite a bit of trouble finding out
much of anything on the hardware side about this machine so any knowledge
would be really helpful. I found the owners manual on ebay last night and
bought it. Hopefully when that comes I will get a few more answers.../peter
--
Peter H.
GPG Key ID: 0xCB8F40BD
drumvudu at mindspring.com