[clue-tech] Toshiba laptop Memory

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Fri Mar 18 09:14:41 MST 2005

Peter C. Hinkle wrote:

><snip>
>

>>> I'm having quite a bit of trouble finding out much of anything on the
>>> hardware side about this machine so any knowledge would be really
>>>helpful. I found the owners manual on ebay last night and bought it.
>>>Hopefully when that comes I will get a few more answers.../peter
>>>

>>Have you looked into how much this would cost you?  It might not be
>>worth upgrading at all.
>>

>Yea, the memory is right around $120.00. Relative to the cost of the laptop,
>that is very expensive. At the same time, if it really makes <THAT> much
>difference, it might be worth it to me. I have no idea what a processor might
>cost even if they are upgradeable which I have serious doubts about. The
>pentium II is only 150MHZ so if I could actually go up to even a 233 or
>something I would if the price wasn't ridiculous. I do know that I could
>potentially get a better, faster laptop on ebay for around $250.00. This is
>my girlfriends laptop that she uses with the kids she teaches so I just am
>not sure at this point which way to go. I thought I would try to get as much
>info as possible before I made any decisions.  /p

I'm sorry I can't give you more technical answers on what your
experience might be for upgrading.  I think if it were me, I'd really
look for a good deal on a better laptop:  freecycle.org or
craigslist.org.  I just did a quick look and there's a 400 MHz (laptop I
THINK) for $100 - http://denver.craigslist.org/sys/63494510.html

Angelo