[clue-tech] Toshiba laptop Memory

Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier xonker at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 09:09:19 MST 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:16:48 -0700, Peter C. Hinkle
<drumvudu at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Hey guys, I'm not to up on all of the hardware for laptops like I am on the
> desktop/server end and I was wondering if someone might be able to answer a
> question regarding memory. I have an old Toshiba 730XCDT PENTIUM II machine
> with 48MB of memory. The thing with hold up to 144MB of total memory (16MB on
> board and 128MB removable). Anyway, what I want to know is that if I go ahead
> and take it up to 144MB, how much actual difference will I notice in
> performance of the machine?

I think you should see a fair amount of performance improvement going
from 48 MB to 144 MB. With only 48 MB of RAM, it's probably swapping
to disk pretty often, so giving it a bit more breathing room (so to
speak) should improve things a bit.

Good luck with it.

Zonker
--
Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier
xonker at gmail.com
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, doctor, and I'm happy
to state I finally won out over it." ~ Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey"