[clue-tech] Great New Adobe Acrobat Version

Matt Thompson thompsma at jilau1.colorado.edu
Fri Mar 25 09:08:05 MST 2005

Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 07:48:10 -0700, Peter C. Hinkle
> <drumvudu at mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>>Just wanted to let everyone know that Adobe has a great new acrobat for Linux
>>v7. It is a total reworking of the reader in beta release. You won't find any
>>mention of it on the web site but it is on the ftp server. You can get an rpm
>>or a tarball here: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/unix/7x/7.0/enu/
>

> Yeah, I just grabbed the RPM this morning.
>
> Much, much nicer than the clunky old Acrobat Reader 5... ugh!

How does it compare to xpdf?  I'm sure it supports more of those
Adobe-ish features of PDF, but I'm a fan of xpdf because of its speed
and light weight.  How big is it memory-wise when you use it (compared
to xpdf or, heaven forbid, gpdf)?

I'm sure I'll try it out on my box when I have a chance, I'm just
wondering if I'll change.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Learning just means you were wrong and they were right. - Aram
    Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/