[clue-tech] Great New Adobe Acrobat Version

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Mar 25 10:06:43 MST 2005

Keith Hellman wrote:
[...]
> What *I* would really like acroread to do is:
> - support b for 'blank' in fullscreen mode (defacto standard from ppt and
>   impress)
> - detect when a PDF has changed on disk and reload it (a critical
>   feature when preparing presentations or papers using LaTeX/Tex).

I've been using gv to look at html2ps output before I print it.  If I
change the ps I have to tell gv to reload it (there's a button for that,
at least).  Hmm... it also has a menu option "watch file" that looks
like it does what you want.

No, that doesn't help you at all.  I was just wondering how you'd
implement watching the file--polling for changes seems ugly, and you'd
not want to get stuck with FAM or something.

I think full screen mode isn't too hard in X.  Any idea how hard
watching a file is?