[clue-tech] cdrecord

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri May 13 20:24:54 MDT 2005

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote:
> I'm having problems with cdrecord creating audio cds. It makes an audio
> disc, but all the audio is garbled and crappy sounding
[...]
> Following is a link to my abcde.conf file
> <http://www.joseph-a-nagy-jr.us/~jnagyjr/abcde.conf>

Looks to me like you use abcde to make oggs and then convert them.  I'm
not sure what a cdr is, is it one file per song or one for the whole CD.

But anyway, the data coming off your audio CD is wav and you let abcde
convert it to ogg.  You should just make it wav in the first place and
it would be pretty close to CD quality.  If you want the oggs too you
can use keepwav in the abcde.conf.  Maybe that will help.

The one time I did this years ago cdparanoia was the best ripper but
didn't produce info files for cdrecord (those help cdrecord get the
track separation right, otherwise you'd get 2 seconds of blank between
each track).  So I used cdparanoia to rip and cdda2wav to make the info.
  Cumbersome but it gave me a pretty good reproduction.  Maybe none of
that's necessary now.