[clue-tech] Presentation on Ubunto/Debian?

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat May 28 16:23:48 MDT 2005

I would really appreciated it if one or more of you gurus would put
together a presentation about maintaining a Debian system, Ubuntu
flavor as a preference, but I'm sure it's not wildly different than
POD (plain olde debian). Where do you find configuration files (well
doh, it's probably /etc, but how to know), how the init files work,
where you find updates, how to know what type of updates you want, how
to setup to get updates that are not too wild and wooly,etc., etc. All
those things I know how to do in my sleep with Gentoo or RedHat
<grin>.

I've just put up Kubuntu 5.04, and it seems to be OK, or at least it's
better than dealing with GNOME. As an experiment, I'm just using
KDE-centric stuff for a while. I'm not fond of bloat, but it seems
that everyone else (or at least those who are not very geeky) is, so
it's always helpful to know what the other half is seeing.

If your IQ is room temperature or above, you can install Kubuntu, but
what do you do after you've got it?

TIA,

--
 Collins
       Head teachers of the world unite: you have nothing to lose but