[clue-tech] Adding service to redhat-config-services

Jeff Cann j.cann at isuma.org
Sat May 28 12:07:17 MDT 2005

The postfix service in my /etc/init.d/ directory is not showing up in my list
of services in redhat-config-services.  I confirmed that the postfix script
is in /etc/init.d/

I also tried refreshing the list in the GUI, which did not work.

I then used /sbin/chkconfig --add postfix to add the service.  Afterwards, the
redhat-config-services showed the postfix service.

Interesting as (RHAT 9), there was no way to add a service via the GUI.

Jeff
--
"Social justice cannot be attained by violence. Violence kills what it intends
to create."

http://isuma.org/