[clue-tech] Home Networking problems

Chris Schock black at clapthreetimes.com
Tue May 31 07:18:43 MDT 2005

> wireless cards ... but if there is a wireless hub that
> might be cheaper than buying 2 more wireless cards...
> and chuck the wireless pci cards all together ...

I do something similar, I had an ultra5 workstation I needed in a location
without ethernet. I bought a linksys AP and set it up as a wireless
bridge. While it works, there are various annoyances that prevent me from
recommending this vendor. No WEP in bridged mode is just one of them.

I know D-Link also makes a product that does this. I haven't tried it but
two people I know have both bought it and like it.