[clue-tech] Ubuntu experiences good and bad

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Tue Nov 1 14:35:56 MST 2005

Nate Duehr wrote:

> Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
>
>> No matter what the release cycle, I doubt any distro will come up with a
>> release cycle that works for everybody. :) Debian's release cycle,
>> "whenever we bloody well please," has been OK for servers, but there's
>> no way I could have been happy with Debian Woody as a desktop distro
>> throughout its entire lifecycle.
>>

> So true, so true.

I think I decided that:
1) When a new stable release comes out, use that
2) When you start to need/want newer things, and the testing release has
been churning for 6 months to a year, switch to that.

Also, I learned the "hard way" not to use "stable" and "testing" in my
apt sources.  Much better to use the name of the release, like "sarge"

Angelo