[clue-tech] rootkit detection

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Tue Nov 1 13:21:14 MST 2005

Hi Jeff,

Another invaluable command is lsof -n which lists all open filehandles
including network sockets and even listeners.

Even if netstat is lying to you lsof might tell the truth, unless of
course the rootkit disabled lsof.

Not sure if that's available for unixes other than Linux.

Hope this helps,
Jim

--
Jim Ockers, P.Eng. (ockers at ockers.net)