[clue-tech] ext3 file errors

Adam bultman adamb at glaven.org
Tue Nov 1 14:43:56 MST 2005

Jef Barnhart wrote:

>Ok, I have this problem and have not been able to find a solution.
>
>kernel: journal_bmap: journal block not found at offset 4108 on hda1
>kernel: Aborting journal on device hda1.
>kernel: ext3_abort called.
>kernel: EXT3-fs error (device hda1): ext3_journal_start_sb: Detected
>        aborted journal
>kernel: Remounting filesystem read-only
>
>Looking for answers has been had going. What is this doing that the
>error is happening and how do I fix this.
>
>The best that I can find for a fix is that the journal got messed up and
>nedds t be deleted and rebuilt. Anybody have any other ideas. I don't
>want to rebuild the machine.

Hey, I had this over the weekend!

I had a RAID1 Mirror of SCSI drives for /home, and it kept borking and
remounting R/O.  Re-partitioning, reformatting, etc, did NOTHING.  I had
to use the scsitools to low-level format it, and then
repartition/format/etc.  then it worked fine, until I yanked 'em out and
put in two 18G drives.

Adam