[clue-tech] ext3 file errors

Jef Barnhart jef at batky-howell.com
Wed Nov 2 08:06:42 MST 2005

Dave,

As it turned out that is just what was needed. I kinda had an idea that
is what was neded but was looking for a "yup I did that" answer. I looks
like the journal was left in a state that was not right.

Oh yea, it appears that the kernel mounted the file system as an ext2
system with the ext3 drivers. It still wanted to write to the journal. I
found out this when I ran the tune2fs and rebooted. Kernel panic what do
I do with an ext2 system. I then recreated the journal and remounted as
an ext3 and ran a test. Ran the back up script no failures other than
the expected.

Jef