[clue-tech] Lupper worm.

William wlist-clue at kimballstuff.com
Fri Nov 11 15:41:28 MST 2005

David L. Anselmi wrote:

> 'Course you'd think that PHP is new enough that they'd have avoided
> having so many security holes, but I thought that about BIND 9 too...

I believe that statement is based on a misconception.  The language,
PHP, isn't the security risk.  The code written in PHP has
vulnerabilities.  The application that is being hacked isn't PHP, but is
instead whatever uses those files in your list (which are not core PHP
engine files).

What you said is something along the lines of blaming C++ for all of
Microsoft's (and Linux's, and etc.) bugs.  :)