[clue-tech] Lupper worm.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Nov 11 17:01:20 MST 2005

William wrote:
> David L. Anselmi wrote:
>
>> 'Course you'd think that PHP is new enough that they'd have avoided
>> having so many security holes, but I thought that about BIND 9 too...
>
> I believe that statement is based on a misconception.  The language,
> PHP, isn't the security risk.

I also said "these PHP apps are popular enough for me to notice traffic
from a worm going after them"--obviously I know that it's the apps that
have the holes.

It's a shame that PHP (the language and the interpreter), new as it is,
didn't make it harder to write security holes.  And that coders writing
since PHP was invented haven't learned from all the holes in BIND,
sendmail, ...