[clue-tech] upgrading from sarge to etch

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Tue Nov 15 21:12:51 MST 2005

Something David A. said recently made me go ahead and try upgrading from
sarge to etch, and it went relatively smoothly.  I had a little issue on
my first computer because udev requires the new kernel, but on my second
computer, I upgraded the kernel, then did apt-get upgrade, then apt-get
dist-upgrade, and that was the correct order.

So everything is great, except on my laptop with the USB mouse.  Right
after I upgraded, the mouse "times out" when idle for a while, and I
lose it.  I can get it back by flipping to a text console, and then back
to X, but it's sort of a hassel.  I tried reconfiguring X, and
installing gpm.  I'm hoping this will make it "magically" go away, but I
doubt it.  Has anyone had any problems with this?

Angelo