[clue-tech] SA start up question

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Mon Nov 21 17:35:43 MST 2005

I snagged the latest copy of SpamAssassin for my CentOS 3.6 box, and I
built myself an RPM like so:

rpmbuild -tb Mail-SpamAssassin-3.1.0.tar.gz

Well, now that I have done that - I can't figure out how I should start
it up.  Normally, I would have just run:

/etc/init.d/spamassassin start

I used to use one of the "dag" rpm builds for it, but when I didn't see
one by him for 3.1.0, I decided to build my own.  I just can't figure
out how I should fire it up now as a daemon like I had it working before
with 3.0.4.  I did find a script here:

Mail-SpamAssassin-3.1.0/spamd/redhat-rc-script.sh

My problem is that the script calls /usr/bin/spamd, which I don't seem
to have.  So, aside from building and installing the standard rpm like
they suggest on the website - how does one go about installing the spamd
executable?