[clue-tech] re wifi and linux

JK visceral at cape.com
Tue Nov 29 18:46:55 MST 2005

Ola. Just moved to Denver and was looking over the tech mailing list.
I noticed mention of some decent wifi apps, but I did not see (so far)
any mention of wellenreiter or wavemon. Both are excellent apps for
diagnosing and the like.
my debian laptop has no install candidate for wellenreiter but the source is
available. some cpan modules help out along the way also.
http://www.wellenreiter.net/

wavemon
http://www.janmorgenstern.de/projects-software.html

also, there were a few iwconfig posts about a card not being recognized.
all it should take is
iwconfig eth0 (wlan0 or interfaceX) essid INSERTESSID
if wep/wap then those commands as well
and then,
pump -i eth0 (or interfaceX)

wellenreiter and wavemon both will find essids at some length.