[clue-tech] Permission settings lost at reboot

Matt Gushee matt at gushee.net
Sat Oct 8 15:49:27 MDT 2005

Collins Richey wrote:

>>So far so good. Trouble is, every time I reboot the owner/group reverts
>>to root.root, with no write permission for the group.
>>
>>So how do I make the permissions persistent?
>

> Which distro?

Arch. Which means that there is no configuration tool for this, and very
likely no complex mechanism of any sort. If indeed this thing is
determined by mount options, then the solution would be to edit
/etc/fstab. Or if the cause is something else, then I probably need to
edit some other file in /etc.

BTW, the partitions in question are all ReiserFS.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO, USA