[clue-tech] Upcoming Linux Admin positions at Echostar

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 23:32:43 MDT 2005

Fellow List Members and Linux Advocates,

Echostar Satellite L.L.C (DISH Network) will be opening up two
permanent full-time Linux Admin Positions within the next few days.
The positions will be advertised on other lists and job services. Here
are the specs for the positions:

---

Linux Admin II
Must have at least four years experience with one of the following any
Linux OS, Solaris OS, HP-UX OS, or AIX OS
Red Hat Certification or Collage Degree preferred
Must have proven knowledge on
MySQL, CF-Engine, Perl/PHP/C/bas-shell, Firefox, Bind DNS/DHCP, LDAP,
CUPS. LPR, IP tables, PAM system
Prefer proven knowledge on
IBM Rational Clear Case, Veritas or other backup solution, Red Hat
Package Management - Build - Deploy

Salary is negotiable, we would like to request salary history on each candidate

---

These positions are at our Inverness Site (Englewood, about 1 mile
south of Arapahoe Road and Lima).  We provide support for Linux
Engineering Development teams in Englewood and a few other sites in
the US and overseas. There are currently 110+ Linux desktop machines
and 30+ Linux servers at the local site. This is a Red Hat shop. It's
a friendly and mostly low-stress work atmosphere. You may be asked to
deploy work stations and servers, ie to lift equipmnet up to 50 lbs,
as a part of the job.

If you believe you are qualified, please submit a resume and cover
letter to me or to John Hazlip (see the CC list above); don't reply to
the list where you received this mail.  We (John and myself) are
unable to discuss salary ranges, but I believe that salaries are
competitive for comparable jobs in the local area.

As is the case with most large companies, Echostar will administer a
pre-employment drug screening.

If you want more information, you are welcome to call me at 720-217-7751.

--
Collins Richey
      Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code ... If you write