[clue-tech] viewing php files in firefox

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Fri Oct 21 10:04:39 MDT 2005

For the longest time I was really frustrated with Linux/Firefox for not
allowing me to view my php (html embedded with php) files as html
files.  I finally figured out how to massage gnome into allowing this,
so I thought I'd share.  Just set the PHP mime type to text/html by adding:

text/html php

to the file .mime.types

Pretty easy.  Obviously if I open a PHP file with my browser, I want it
to be treated like HTML.  Why would I try to open it with firefox only
to get firefox to ask me what to open it with?

Personally, I think this is a bug in firefox, but making a php file
pretend to be text/html works too.

Angelo