[clue-tech] CentOS

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Thu Oct 27 22:28:01 MDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 00:00 -0400, Angelo Bertolli wrote:
> Collins Richey wrote:
> >
> >The point is moot.
> >
> Actually the point was that RH could make it more difficult, but they
> don't.  I don't think it's moot, I think it's nice.

Yes!

Red Hat is not just following the "letter of the law" in regards to the
GPL.  They are making, IMO, a good and conscious effort to keep with the
spirit as well.  And the Fedora project (esp. Fedora Extras) shows that
they are, slowly, getting better at opening up their package development
and distribution process to outsiders as well.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307