"safety" of gmail (was: Re: [clue-tech] Archives)

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier xonker at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 08:44:05 MDT 2006

On 4/27/06, Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> wrote:

> What makes you think gmail is "safe"?

What I recommend is that you use a POP client to download messages at
a regular interval, even if you do all your actual correspondence
through the Webmail client.

> Seriously -- gmail's a nifty tool, but saying that your important mail
> or data in someone else's hands is "safe" without a contract stating how
> they're going to back it up and how fast they will recover it... isn't a
> good habit to get into.

Even *with* a contract, it's no guarantee that your data is "safe" --
just that you have some recourse when they do lose it.

Best,

Zonker
--
Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier