[clue-tech] What do you do with files in lost+found

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Tue Aug 1 03:48:14 MDT 2006

About a month ago one of my air conditioners blew a fuse on one of the
circuits, and my machine went down.  I thought the ext3 filesystem would
take care of everything (it always has before), but now I'm noticing a
bunch of files in the lost+found directory.  The problem is they're all
numbered (inode no?) and I have no idea how to restore them properly.
Some of them are readable as text, but other ones are apparently binary
files.  How do I figure out where they belong or what they're old names
were?

Angelo