[clue-tech] So-called "smart" hosts.

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Tue Aug 1 10:41:47 MDT 2006

William,

> Nate Duehr wrote:
> > That's a lie.  A bold-faced lie told to you by someone at an ISP who
> > didn't want to offer the service.
> ...and the widely hated ban by Cable ISPs on www traffic to home
> consumers is just part of some conspiracy?  :)
>
> This, in my opinion, is worth getting someone with legal experience to
> investigate.  I don't know anyone with that skill, access, or ambition.

Why investigate?  Nate is correct, there is no such thing as an FCC
or other governmental charter for ISPs regardless of whether they use
cable headends or DSLAMs or whatever.

If you hear such a tale from an ISP or telco then you can be sure they
are lying.

--
Jim Ockers, P.Eng. (ockers at ockers.net)
Contact info: please see http://www.ockers.net/