[clue-tech] Installfest in 3 weeks.

Sun Aug 6 10:21:09 MDT 2006

I'll bring a DVD-burning laptop, media, and a mess of ISOs.  I use them all the time
with VMware.  My connection is rather better than 56k, so I'd be happy to grab any
particular thing someone wants.  In fact, if somebody would ask for e-Live, that'd be
nice, because I'm just this short of downloading it myself.

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 08:52:55 -0600, wft FRII wrote
> I have an NSLU2   which I can bring   also is anyone doing
> anything cool with WRT54G ( which I can bring ) or the NSLU2
> like supporting Ricochet, which I can demo.
> I will bring the bus if i can get it running.  is there BIG parking ?
>
> Gus
>
> On 2006-Aug 05, at 19:10hrs PM, David L. Anselmi wrote:
>
> What distros do you want at installfest?  Let me know so I can start
> downloading.  (Let's see, 56kbps x 3 weeks = 10GB of download time
> left.  Don't forget there are 10 bits per byte on dialup.)
>
> Bear (on the BLUG list) suggested using an NSLU2 to make a boot
> server and package repository.  Then you could netboot, pick your
> distro, and get going without dealing with CDs (assuming your NIC
> supports PXE).
>
> I don't have a NSLU2, but I do have a spare box.  So maybe I'll put
> the ISOs on it and see if it works.  (Having ISOs would enable us to
> burn CDs for those who want them and save the Internet connection for
> more fun things.)
>
> Mark your calendar, August 26th.  The big blue room won't have AC
> that day so you don't want to be in it.
>
> http://cluedenver.org/display.php?node=installfest
>
> Dave
>
> Gus S Calabrese
> Denver, CO
> 720 222 1309     303 908 7716 cell
> Please include and do not limit yourself to "spam2006". I allow
> everything with  "spam2006"  in the subject or text to pass my spam
> filters.

David L. Willson
Trainer/Engineer/Consultant
MCT, MCSE, Linux+