[clue-tech] Gentoo for installfest.

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 20:56:49 MDT 2006

On 8/18/06, Hani Duwaik <kiawud at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was able to recently complete a Gentoo install on an AMD64 system using
> just the universal install CD (it only had a wireless USB interface and the
> install CD didn't recognize it).  We were able to get it up and running
> successfully and then transfer the necessary drivers from another system via
> USB Flash to get the network working.
>
> It wasn't a complete system in the sense that everything we wanted was
> installed, but it was able to boot up and present us with a console prompt
> and enough resources to install the necessary drivers for further
> installations.

Cool, I'm happy to hear that it worked. They must finally be getting it right.

FYI. I've just completed a Sabayon-64 (Gentoo on steroids!)
installation, and this is the checkout phase. Sabayon is a complete
!!!! (ca. 8-10g of software) Gentoo installation from a live DVD. It's
a little sluggish to start, but I don't know yet whether that is only
true for the initial boot. Sabayon uses a modified Anaconda (Red Hat)
gui installer.

--
Collins Richey