[clue-tech] Playing this type of flash on Linux

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier xonker at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 12:15:15 MDT 2006

On 8/29/06, Dave Price <kinaole at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/26/06, Ski Dawg <skidawg at skidawg.org> wrote:
> > At this time, I believe it is impossible to play this file on Linux.
> > Adobe (formerly Macromedia) has only released Flash player up to version
> > 7 for Linux.
>
> How about any kind of flash for amd64?
>
> If I am running an amd64, is there _any_ way to view flash?

Yeah. I'm using Flash in a 32-bit version of the Firefox 2.0 beta
running on Ubuntu's AMD 64 version. Works perfectly, though you'll
probably have to install Flash by hand (download & run install script)
rather than just installing it through Firefox.

There are a few other ways to do it, I believe, but this seems to be
the path of least resistance.

Best,

Zonker
--