[clue-tech] Stupid Browser Tricks

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Wed Aug 30 16:36:52 MDT 2006

One thing I did try to do soon after my Fedora install at the installfest -
I wanted to see if I could watch videos at zefrank.com. Unfortunately, his
site uses Quicktime. I'm a bit rusty with Linux (and FreeBSD) tools, but
when I went looking for how to do this, I found a message to the effect that
QT is not supported in Firefox on Linux:

http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/firefox-linux.html#install-crossover

I think Jef did mention a plugin that can launch mplayer to handle embedded
QT in Firefox? I forget the name, as I didn't get the time to try it out.

Anyway, has anyone else had success with this, and what did you do?

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
trigger.
-Elmer G. Letterman