[clue-tech] Stupid Browser Tricks

Ski Dawg skidawg at skidawg.org
Wed Aug 30 18:25:42 MDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 16:36 -0600, Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> I think Jef did mention a plugin that can launch mplayer to handle embedded
> QT in Firefox? I forget the name, as I didn't get the time to try it out.
>
> Anyway, has anyone else had success with this, and what did you do?

Sean,

I am able to view some Quicktime videos using the mplayer plugin within
Firefox on FC5 and on a Kubuntu box. It appears that if the site is
using Quicktime 7, I am not able to view the videos, but QT 6 seems to
work.

For Fedora, I used the instructions located at
http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html#MPlayer
to install Mplayer and the plugins.

HTH,
--
Doug

Random Thought:
Economists can certainly disappoint you.  One said that the economy would
turn up by the last quarter.  Well, I'm down to mine and it hasn't.
		-- Robert Orben