[clue-tech] VMServer 1.0 Host/Guest Internet problems

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sat Dec 16 03:00:13 MST 2006

On Dec 15, 2006, at 4:31 PM, David L. Anselmi wrote:

> I'm using bridged networking.  Have you tried that, or do you want
> something else?  (Look at the ethernet settings in the VM
> settings.)  As long as you aren't doing anything more than web
> surfing I'd guess that NAT is the easiest network connection to use.

VMWare == Use the bridged networking.  Definitely.

Unless you have some kind of strange network requirements or want to
get really freaky about your security setup.

There are some legitimate reasons not to (maybe) in a server
environment, but I can't think of many that really apply or would
have a significant impact on anyone just trying to get a VM up and
running for playing around.

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com