[clue-tech] flash 9 for linux

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Tue Dec 19 09:27:07 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 23:37 -0500, Ed Hill wrote:
> This might be fixed by the newer version but the previous iteration of
> the flash 9 beta caused occasional X lockups on both my laptop (a
> ThinkPad T42p) and a generic Athlon desktop system.  One was running FC5
> for i386 and the other FC6 for i386.

My two test sites for the plugin were ABC's Lost and SciFi's Battlestar
Galactica.  The original Flash9 plugin locked up my browser on both
sites.  I don't remember if it locked X up completely, but it may
have.

The new version does not lock up on these sites.  The Galactica site now
works quite well, though audio doesn't play very loud (why is it that of
all my audio apps only MythTV seems to have audio working correctly?).
The Lost site has commercials in front of their video clips and the
Flash plugin only plays the first clip (re: the commercial).  So I can't
actually watch any of their online videos.

But at least it doesn't lock up anymore.
--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Senior Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org