[clue-tech] VMServer 1.0 Host/Guest Internet problems

Eric Beale ebeale at releaseteam.com
Wed Dec 20 10:14:50 MST 2006

Well, the good news is that I got it working. The "bad" news is what it
took to make it happen, but, I'm glad for the experience in monkeyin'
around with this.

I re-installed one of the WinXP vm, this time selecting the "Custom"
installation type, selecting "NAT" for the networking. When the XP vm
completed the install and I logged on, the Linux host network adapter
was recognized, and without any further tweaking, I connected to the
internet without a hitch.

Thanks to all for your patient explanations and assistance. I'm glad I
was able to stump y'all right before the holidays!

Enjoy!

Eric