[clue-tech] Fileserver at Installfests?

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 21 09:03:06 MST 2006

PXE-boot is cool to see in action.

I experimented with DebianEdu aka Skole Linux.  It's a Linux terminal server setup and can use PXE-boot to boot the terminals.  It made for an interesting dual-boot terminal; HD = Windows, floppy = Linux via PXE-boot.  I gave up on it because IP addresses were fixed but it can't be beat for a single-CD setup. I may look into K12 LTSP next.   What I'd really like to see is (Small) Office LTSP.

Happy Holidays! Drive safe and prepare for the worst if you have to be on the road.

Brian