[clue-tech] Need Help Installing MN-510 USB Wireless Network Adapter

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 26 16:07:07 MST 2006

I got a notebook drive for Christmas, so I'm resurrecting my laptop. I installed Xubuntu 6.10 with minimal fuss.  I'm currently trying to get wireless working.  The MN-510 is a prism chipset.  I've successfully installed the linux-wlan-ng package and created an unencrypted connection to the wireless access point by following the readme provided with the package.

However, I've been unable to get the wireless to automatically connect to the AP after a restart.  The readme glosses over what's referred to as hotplug scripts.  I do not have a /etc/hotplug/ directory nor do I know where these provided scripts are located as they don't appear to be in /etc/wlan/.  Most Google searches end up with people who got as far as I did.  Any help would be appreciated.

Meanwhile I'm going to see about using the ndiswrapper method and see if I get further.

Thanks.

Brian