[clue-tech] Novell desktop demos

Matt Gushee matt at gushee.net
Mon Feb 6 22:41:11 MST 2006

Dennis J Perkins wrote:

> When I suggested showing the demos to Windows users, I was thinking of
> Microsoft's claims for innovations.

Well, I guess you gotta have a good slideshow ... though I thought the
Jabber guy's presentation to CLUE was quite good despite not having a
slideshow at all.

> I don't think Novell has invented new technology but they seem to have
> packaged some of them and included them in their desktop.

I wish them well, really I do. Though as an old-time WordPerfect user, I
can't help getting a little grouchy whenever I hear their name.

> One of my bosses is a marketroid.  He makes claims about new features in
> one of our products that it cannot do.  It could if I had been told that
> they want to make these claims so I could write the necessary code, but
> even then there are side effects that must be considered carefully.  No
> amount of hand waving will make them disappear.

Well said. Just out of curiosity, what kind of side effects are you
talking about?

--
Matt Gushee
The Reluctant Geek: http://matt.gushee.net/rg/