[clue-tech] New territory

Match Grun match at dimensional.com
Thu Feb 9 00:10:38 MST 2006

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 08:28:43 -0900
Adam bultman <adamb at glaven.org> wrote:

> Angelo:
>
> How large is your network?  How many machines do you take care of?
>
> I manage four linux firewalls at the moment, and it's a nightmare. I'd
> gladly swap them out for ciscos or watchguards or anything that is
> easier to manage and less prone to errors.   Perhaps I'm just jaded; I
> just have had way too many problems with linux based firewalls (disk
> problems, cpu problems, ram problems, scsi card problems, OS
> problems...) that hearing about my friends and contemporaries with
> appliance-style firewalls that don't crash and have minimal
> maintenance makes me salivate.

I use IP-cop. It just works, does not crash and has minimal maintenance.
Runs on an old 233-Mhz PII with 2 network cards. Like smoothwall, and
Linux appliance firewalls, IP-cop uses a web interface. All firewall
rules are built for you. Installation takes about 10 minutes.

Why do you have disk and scsi problems? Are you trying to run a data
center on a firewall?

Match