[clue-tech] New territory

Chris Hirsch chris at base2technology.com
Thu Feb 9 09:06:51 MST 2006

> I use IP-cop. It just works, does not crash and has minimal maintenance.
> Runs on an old 233-Mhz PII with 2 network cards. Like smoothwall, and
> Linux appliance firewalls, IP-cop uses a web interface. All firewall
> rules are built for you. Installation takes about 10 minutes.

I'll second the IPCop...I've used it for several years on both home and
production environments of up to about 150 people with zero problems.
I've even had a disk fail out from underneath it and it ran fine for a
month until I had time to take the machine down and replace the disk :-)

It also makes setting up a VPN via IPSec easy (or as easy as IPSec gets).