[clue-tech] Which computer to use for Linux firewall??

Matt Atkins matthewsatkins at msn.com
Thu Feb 9 12:26:07 MST 2006

What kind of horsepower do I need for a dedicated Linux firewall, running
IPCop, for example??  I need to put together a proposal and cost comparison
for my boss, and I need to know the amount of money I need for hardware.
I've heard stories of Linux servers running on a PII with 256MB RAM.  I
obviously can't buy any new PII or PIII's, but what about a new 2.53 Ghz
Celeron from Dell??  I can get one for between $300 and $400.

Matt Atkins