[clue-tech] USB device trouble

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu Feb 9 15:49:52 MST 2006

Jim Ockers wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> So I'm a USB n00b and can't get this device to work under either
> Windows XP or Linux.
[...]
> Here's what Linux (2.4.21) /proc/bus/usb/devices says about it:

You might try a 2.6 kernel.  I have an external drive that doesn't work
with 2.4 but is fine on 2.6 (USB 2 drive on a USB 1 controller, FWIW).

I think I used to know which modules were needed for USB drives in 2.4
(and that wasn't automatic) but udev just works so I've forgotten all
that.  But I think it was just usb-storage and some SCSI stuff.

HTH,