[clue-tech] up2date question

Jeff Cann jccann at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 00:03:03 MST 2006

Is there a simple way to only install security patches using fedora up2date?

For example, on FC4, there are a lot of updates:
 + http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/Fedora_Core_4_Updates
and a much smaller number are of type 'Security'.

I would like to update those marked 'Security' only w/o updating the entire
system.

Interestingly, when I click on 'View Advisory' in up2date for a package known
to have a security issue, up2date says : No Advisory.

What are other people doing to get security updates automatically - at least
not by manually marking which packages to update?

Jeff
--
"The summit of happiness is reached
when a person is ready to be what he is."