[clue-tech] [OT?]How do I multiboot Windows NT 3.51 and Windows2000?

William wlist-clue at kimballstuff.com
Fri Feb 24 13:52:08 MST 2006

Hex Star wrote:

> Hmm k had a feeling I'd get such a response since this list is mainly
> targeted towards linux only so sorry about the OT posting...any
> recommendations on a good windows mailing list that should be able to
> answer this question for me? Thanks and sorry! :-)

You're pretty much on your own.  Windows NT 3.5x met its End-of-Life
period a LONG time ago.  Windows NT 4.0 met its End-of-Life in the last
year.  You paid money for an OS that the vendor -- ergo, the world -- no
longer supports.  Because Windows is closed-source, you'd be _real_
lucky to find any list anywhere that actively supports Windows NT 3.51.

Try:  http://www.microsoft.com/ and poke around for the message boards
at MSDN or TechNet.  I haven't looked, but I'm pretty sure that you
won't find anything useful.

If you're die-hard Windows, then a much better use of your time would be
to invest in an active OS like Windows 2003 Server.  Windows 2000 Server
is still active, but it probably won't be for much longer.  If Windows
2000 is already on the machine you just acquired, leave it or upgrade to
2003 Server.

If you're open-minded and can afford the time (which it sounds like you
can), take a look at any of the Linux breeds which support multiple CPUs
(SMP kernels).  I personally recommend http://www.centos.org/ (which is
derived from Red Hat Enterprise Linux).

Aside from the advice above, CLUE = Colorado LINUX Users Group.  Windows
questions like yours just don't belong here.