[clue-tech] [OT?]How do I multiboot Windows NT 3.51 and Windows2000?

Fri Feb 24 14:10:51 MST 2006

Oh, for fork's ~sake~.  If you were nearby, I'd slap the crap out of you, but you're
not, and I ~am~ a Microslush Certifiable Soliloquy Exporter, so...

You do it the same damn way you do any other multi-boot!

  1- Boot from the CD for the secondary OS.  Enter the install process.  Delete all
partitions.  Create and install to a new partition of an appropriate size.  Leave room
for the primary OS!

  2- Boot from the CD for the primary OS.  Run through it's install routine, letting it
partition out the remainder of the drive the way it wants.  Don't upgrade the secondary
OS, or you don't get multi-boot.  Don't install to the same partition, or you will poach
both OS's.

If you have more questions, and you send them to this list, I will find you and slap the
crap out of you.  RMWTUG will love to hear it from you.  CLUE won't.  This is CLUE.  Jeez.

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:39:45 -0800, Hex Star wrote
> Hmm k had a feeling I'd get such a response since this list is mainly
> targeted towards linux only so sorry about the OT posting...any
> recommendations on a good windows mailing list that should be able to answer
> this question for me? Thanks and sorry! :-)
>
> On 2/24/06, Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> wrote:
> >
> > [snipped... yadda yadda... old copy of windows... old server... yadda
> > yadda... multiboot...]
> >
> > Those questions are best answered on a Windows mailing list, "Hex Star".
> >
> > I'm sure a Microsoft Certified Solitaire Expert (MCSE) will be happy to
> > assist.   :-)
> >
> > If you're interested in converting the NetServer to Linux, this is the
> > place.
> >
> > Nate

David L. Willson
Trainer/Engineer/Consultant