[clue-tech] Re: network card problem

erik at ezolan.com erik at ezolan.com
Sat Feb 25 07:38:33 MST 2006

Alright, it liked skge.

Now, I've also done a few things. The board has a built-in 10/100 lan
which works just fine (Now that I've turned it back on in the BIOS). But
when checking the ifcfg-eth0, it has the same HWADDR. That's the MAC
address right?

Ok, probed it using the "Network Device Control" program and it changed.

When I switched over to the on-board chip, I took out the old lines
referring to sk98lin from modprobe.conf. That hasn't changed upon
rebooting.

The Gigabit card is still showing in the hwconf. And it still wants to use
the sk98lin driver. I tried manually replacing that with skge, but some
script changed it back. It really wants to use that degraded driver. :-P

I'm thinking at this point it might be best to have FC4 clear out all the
settings and re-sense that card.

This has got to be the worst problem I've had with a package managed
upgrade. (Knocks on wood)

Erik Z